This site is powered by Civis Canada ("we," "our" or "us"). The following text discloses the privacy and security practices in use for the site www.civis.ca
Security and Protection of Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security of Personally Identifiable Information obtained through our site. We take significant precautions to protect your Personally Identifiable Information both online and offline.
When you send Personally Identifiable Information to us over the Internet, or we send it to service providers over the Internet, your data is protected by 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission. All of our servers storing Personally Identifiable Information are kept in a secure environment and may be accessed only by a limited number of authorized persons. All of our employees have signed written confidentiality agreements specifically prohibiting their use or dissemination of such information in any unauthorized manner.
Information Collected About You
We collect information about you that is provided by you to us or a Site Partner, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other information that can identify you as a specific individual ("Personally Identifiable Information"). On those pages of our site where Personally Identifiable Information is collected in order for you to contribute materials, purchase services or request further information about a product or service, we describe the information required in order to process your submission and/or provide you with the product, service or information that you have requested. We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you:
- Become authorized to use our site through a Site Partner
- Sign up for access to the Secured Client Portal
- Request further information regarding a product or service
- Request changes or cancellation of a service
- Apply for a free consultation
- Submit material, or
- Contact us
We will not sell or rent your personal information to companies or individuals outside of the Civis network of professional consulting partners. We will only share your personal information with other companies or individuals outside of the Civis network in the following circumstances:
- (a) To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- (b) We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- (c) We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of providing services needed by your organization. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.